Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whoever Welcomes This Child

Felt Ink Drawing by Judy Brutz

I walked with Jesus the day I saw this boy sitting in the corner of the school playing field. I was on my morning walk and first noticed this child at the far corner diagonally across from where I was walking. I stopped and noticed, held him to my heart. Then I walked on.

On my return, he had moved to be close to where I would be. Again I stopped. I prayed, "Bless this child, Lord. Bless his well being. Bless his family and caring people. Bless them with peace, security and joy."


Whoever welcomes this child, in my name, welcomes me. - Luke 9:48

Another practice invites us to bless strangers quietly, secretly. Offer it to people you notice on the street, in the market, on the
bus. 'May you be happy. May you be at peace.' Feel the blessing move through your body as you offer it. Notice how you both receive some benefit from blessing. Gently, almost without effort, each and every blessing becomes a Sabbath. - A quote from Wayne Muller, Sabbath:Remembering the Sacred Rhythm of Rest. www.judybrutz.net/resources

I open myself to blessing and find I am
meeting with the Present C
hrist, the child, and myself. We are held in his love and blessed.

No comments: